“I don’t want options. I just want you.”
Robert McKenzie has a secret. As the only straight player on an all-LGBT soccer team, he’s known to fans as “McWhataWaste.” No one would guess Robert’s actually bisexual. At twenty-one, on the verge of a brilliant career in video game design, he’s finally ready to be his true self. The only thing keeping him in the closet is…his gay best friend?
Liam Carroll has a problem. His gorgeous pal and teammate wants to kiss him and touch him and…everything with him. But for how long? With Robert embarking on a bright future—far from their rough-and-tumble East End streets—Liam may soon be left behind. He can’t risk falling in love with a man he can’t live without. His solution? Keep things casual, “see what happens.”
Aye, right. After a single camping trip, the bridge back to mere friendship is well and truly burned. Now Robert wants more than sex, but diehard cynic Liam won’t drop the barriers around his heart. These two tough center-backs must find a way forward as lovers, or their lifelong bond—the heart of the Warriors team—will rupture for good.
Glasgow Lads series
More Warriors are on the way! The series features a recurring cast of teammates, but each book contains its own stand-alone romance, so they can be read in any order.
- Play On, Duncan & Brodie novella
- Playing for Keeps, Fergus & John novel
- Playing to Win, Colin & Andrew novel
- Play It Safe, Fergus & John short story
- Playing with Fire, Liam and Robert novel
- Play Dead, Colin & Andrew short story
- Playing in the Dark, Evan & Ben novel
- Robert & Liam story (title and release date TBA), 2019